Dr SK Noordeen
To facilitate the dissemination of knowledge of leprosy and its
- To help in any other practicable manner the anti-leprosy campaign
throughout the world
- To co-operate with any other institution or organisation concerned
Council meets twice in a five-year period between Congresses
budget as such. The only financial activity related to ILA is the
publication of the International Journal of Leprosy and Other
Mycobacterial Diseases, which is financed by the subscribers'
fee and some donations.
sustaining; grantors; honorary. There are members in one hundred
international meetings of experts
- Representatives participate in regional leprosy campaigns
- Quinquennial world congresses, the sixteenth was in Salvador,
Brazil in 2002
- Close relationship with voluntary agencies engaged in leprosy
fund-raising activities and leprosy control
International Journal of Leprosy and other Mycobacterial Diseases
into official relations with WHO in 1948. Collaboration takes the
form of mutual participation in technical meetings and the Association
regularly disseminates information about relevant WHO policies through
their quarterly scientific publication.
Collaboration with WHO programme
for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases